Facebook had been considered a long time for hang out place for fun where people like to connect with their near and dears. And it has very less commercial & business intent as a marketing platform. This myth busted in 2013 when early adopters showed data of commercial outcome of investing marketing budget on Facebook. Now when everyone talking about mobile , at this point in time if Facebook is not part of your marketing plan then you are losing the huge opportunity. Still very few companies have adopted Facebook as a marketing platform. If you have still any doubt on potential of Facebook then have a look at latest FB stat.
1. Worldwide, there are over 1.65 billion monthly active Facebook users, which is a 15 percent increase year over year. (Source: Facebook as of 4/27/16) What this means for you: In case you had any lingering doubts, statistically, Facebook is too big to ignore
2. 1.09 billion people log onto Facebook daily for March 2016, which represents a 16% increase year over year (Source: Facebook as 4/27/16) The Implication: A huge and vastly growing number of Facebook users are active and consistent in their visits to the site, making them a promising audience for your marketing efforts.
3. There are 1.51 billion mobile active users (MAU) for March 2016 (Source: Facebook as of 4/27/16) an increase of 21 percent year-over-year.
4. Five new profiles are created every second. (Source: ALLFacebook 2012) The Implication: Your potential audience on Facebook is growing exponentially.
5. Sixteen Million local business pages have been created as of May 2013 which is a 100 percent increase from 8 million in June 2012. (Source: Facebook). Facebook marketing has transformed how business is conducted, and its use by local businesses to extend their markets continues to explode.
Facebook for business gives many super powerful targeting options. Here I am talking about CUSTOM AUDIENCE. The custom audience is the feature where you share your web visitors, email list, and your customers or potential customers phone numbers with Facebook and Facebook creates CUSTOM AUDIENCE for you.
The whole concept based on second party data and can be best-nurturing opportunity for businesses. It’s like Google Retargeting. Though it is more powerful than Google retargeting in many ways. You can target your audience through Banner Advertising only through Google Retargeting.We know more than 40% of clicks on banner ads happen from a mobile device by mistake while users were trying to close that.
Here Facebook gives native advertisement opportunity where ads stitched in the news feed. So they don’t look like spam or pop-ups. Facebook creates the custom audience of the users who know you through your website or they are your past customers or they are connecting you through any other mediums. The expected engagement level is always quite high with your existing contacts; when you surprisingly appear on user’s most favorite app or website it simply reinforces your brand. You can create three types of custom audiences.
A) Contact List: Facebook matches users through email IDs, Phone numbers and Facebook Ids
B) Website Traffic: Here you put FB pixel in website and FB creates audience, so the second level of web engagement is great opportunity
C) App Data: Create list of people who have taken specific action on your app.
You can find this feature in Facebook Power Editor.
If you don’t know how to use Facebook power editor, don’t worry search in YouTube, many free tutorials are available there. Go learn & create your great business community on Facebook. 🙂
Since 5 years I am self-learning this tech-based online marketing practice and ideas.
The purpose of this blog to share and receive the information and ideas to my community.
Prior to take formal education in Marketing Management. I studied History and Indian culture.
Latest posts by Anand (see all)
- Viral Marketing: What makes something go viral? - May 12, 2018
- YouTube Advertising: An under-priced attention for marketers - April 29, 2018
- Rank High in Local Search with Google Business Listing - March 25, 2018