- He grew his followers by about 30 a day
- He got invited to more parties
- He got stopped on the street by people who recognized him from Instagram
- He got message after message from friends encouraging him to post more. He said it was “almost like they were frustrated, like they were longing for something to like in return.”
Your life is full of joy, affections, anxiety, pain, belonginess and many more emotions, all these emotions need expressions and social media help you out to express.
If you go deep down the the psychology behind social media then you will be able to understand why these plaforms are so addictive.
Social media facilitates a virtual form of interaction. The term ‘virtual’ is used to describe things that are not real, but which take on the important qualities of the real. When playing a computer war game, for example, we can experience excitement, frustration and tension, but we can never be injured.
In fact, the creators of virtual war games argue that the virtual experience is better than the real one, because the dangers connected to the real experience are removed.
In the same way, interactions via social media make visitors feel connected without the difficulties and complexities involved in face-to-face interactions.
Compared to interactions with computers, interactions with human counterparts require more emotional involvement, cognitive effort and brain activation. When we are not in the mood to exercise these resources, we too often choose the easier, virtual option.
Virtual world is always easy than real, Here sharing you very informative infographic by Digital Information world , go through it and enjoy.
Since 5 years I am self-learning this tech-based online marketing practice and ideas.
The purpose of this blog to share and receive the information and ideas to my community.
Prior to take formal education in Marketing Management. I studied History and Indian culture.
Latest posts by Anand (see all)
- [Video] How to do SEO of your Video Content? - July 27, 2018
- Social Psychology: Why People addicted to Like, Share and Comment - July 26, 2018
- 20 Hot Twitter Hashtags for Entreprenuers - July 21, 2018